Subject: Re: Proper way to do X remote via xdm
To: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
From: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2000 13:13:50
Okay, here's my Linux Xserver file:
[where nucleus == localhost, and positron == NetBSD/macppc computer]

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -bpp 16 tty8
:1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 -indirect positron tty7

And so, on tty8 I get the local X prompt just as it should be.  On tty7, I
get a XDMCP host menu which is very neat.  I select 'positron' and click
'accept'.  The menu just disappears leaving me with my usual X login
screen.  On the NetBSD computer, I get:

xdm error (pid 1965): WARNING: keyboard on display nucleus:1 could not be secured

What could be causing this?

Thank you for your time,

--fission