Subject: Problem with -current kernel supped March 12
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2000 06:03:46
A kernel built from sources supped March 12, with the toolset from the
20000205 snapshot, gives the following during boot:

------
wsdisplay0 at ofb0: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
Apple Computer PlanB (undefined subclass 0x00, revision 0x01) at pci1 dev 13
function 0 not congfigured
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
scsibus1: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
probe(mesh0:0:0): Sense Error Code 0x0
mesh: timeout state=3
mesh: resetting dma
------

and then hangs.  My root device is sd1.  The kernel from the snapshot
works fine.  My config is GENERIC with a couple of devices I don't
need removed.  (ch*, ss*, ppp, sl, and tun, to be specific.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                         monroe@pobox.com