Subject: Re: Proper way to do X remote via xdm
To: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
From: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2000 15:03:42
Assuming that you want all display on the linux screen, switchable
between the 2 X servers;

The second X server on the linux host needs to broadcast or query for
XDMCP.

        X :1 -broadcast tty#    (# = tty to attach X)
   or
        X :1 -query macppc tty## (# = tty to attach X)

   or if you want to be able to pick the xdm host dynamically

        X :1 -indirect macppc tty#  (# = tty to attach X)

The macppc needs an xdm to be configured to accept
query/broadcast/indirect (Xaccess)/

You do not need the xhost, as authorization is managed in the X/xdm
connection, and you do not need the foreign entry. You only need an
xdm on the linux host if you want to replace the startx for the first X.

--
Rex McMaster                       rex@mcmaster.wattle.id.au
                     http://www.compsoft.com.au/~rmcm/pgp-pk