Subject: Re: Booting into DDB?
To: None <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2000 00:40:14
> > I would have said that should work, but if it doesn't, then
> > doing it in two steps probably will: "boot scsi-int/sd@1:0 -a"
> > from OF, then at ofwboot, type "/netbsd.new -sd".
>
>   I don't have my sources handy, and my pmax is shutdown, but
> don't you have to enable kernel DDB first before this will work? I
> think he's running on generic which has Kernel DDB disabled and
> DDB on panic disabled (?)

I, on the other hand, *have* my sources handy, and GENERIC contains

options         DDB             # in-kernel debugger

and does not have DDB_ONPANIC specified, so the above tip will
probably work fine.

In the end I ended up using another method to get the info we were
after (yay, debugging by printf() ;-).  (Well, that's not entirely
true; I also turned on the debugging option in the driver.)

- H=E5vard