Subject: Re: Feb 8 snapshot problems
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2000 01:19:07
on 3/11/00 10:43 AM, Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no at
Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote something like:

>> I'm currently getting a new kernel compiled, so we'll see how
>> that turns out -- I'll send an update when that's done.
>=20
> That fixed it -- I now have an updated kernel on a serial
> console, thogh unsurprisingly it still claims 640x480 for the
> graphics console...
>=20
> - H=E5vard

    You might be able to get around this with an Interex Mac -> VGA monitor
adapter, forcing it into 832x624. (at least hopefully) That should work if
its an ATI based graphics chip, I can't remember what drives the 7600. If
its Valkrye(?) you're probably out of luck as that controller is pretty dum=
about resolution switching. If it is ATI based, I might be able to figure
something out...

    Chris

   =20