Subject: Re: NuBus Powermac port
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/10/2000 17:05:20
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> OK, ok!  I knew it probably wasn't the best solution, but I wasn't
> expecting such a violent reaction!!!!  8-O

Sorry, should have thrown in more smilies. Yes, it was a strong reaction,
but it was more of the, "oh no your video game character got killed,"
reaction rather than anything personal. I'm sorry if it came across that
way. :-)

> Obviously it's better if we can keep common code common.  My point was just
> that most of the pieces existed and a lot of them were in a different port
> than macppc.  If Charles does some integration work and actually gets
> something working on an older PowerMac I'm sure he can expect support from
> other people getting it properly integrated into the main tree.
>
> Does it make any sense to merge the mac68k and macppc ports?  Just asking
> about the opposite extreme.

:-)

No, but it does make sense to do something like make sys/dev/apple. :-)

Take care,

Bill