Subject: Feb 8 snapshot problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/10/2000 23:43:07
Hi,

I tried to boot the kernel in the February 8 kern.tgz up on the
snapshot dir dated February 5.  However, on my 7600 I was not met
with much success.  I managed to convince the boot code to load
the non-traditional file name:

0 > boot scsi-int/sd@1:0 /netbsd.new
>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.1
>> (tsubai@mint, Thu Dec 23 18:17:15 JST 1999)
Booting scsi-int/sd@1/netbsd.new
2596652@0x100000+211440@0x379f2c
 start=3D0x100000

but then it just sat there, with no further serial output and no
output on the graphical screen either.

Anyone know what's up?  Better yet, anoyne capable of rolling me
a new kernel which will boot on this box?  (I was hoping of
testing out fvdl's new ahc driver on my macppc, but without being
able to run anything but 1.4.2, it's a little difficult.)

- H=E5vard