Subject: Re: NetBSD/MacOS drive sharing ?
To: William O Ferry <woferry@iname.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/07/2000 19:29:06
On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 06:22:08AM -0800, William O Ferry wrote:
> 	Well, it certainly CAN be done now, if you're willing to take a risk..
> =)  I used dd to hand-edit the partition map into shape on my Blue&White
> G3, and used Norton's Disk Edit (or whatever it's called, don't have it
> handy) to add the correct flags to the NetBSD partitions on a Bronze
> keyboard PowerBook.  What's still needed is for ofwboot.elf to recognize

What's the correct flags ? Maybe I can find Disk Edit somewhere here ...

Is someone working on getting the install tools in shape to work with a
shared disk ?
I tried installing linuxppc today and it failed (it hangs while unpacking the
RPMs, and as we're running X I don't know what really happens). I can wait
a bit if someone tells me it's possible to install NetBSD on this machine
in the near future (or if it's not too hard to do with Disk Edit; I'm
really not a mac guru).