Subject: Re: NetBSD/MacOS drive sharing ?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@sun500.nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/06/2000 12:47:36
On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Hi,
> loking at docs/CHANGES, I noticed this entry:
> macppc: Added support for reading MacOS-partitioned disks  [...]
>
> Does this mean that we now can share a boot disk between NetBSD and MacOS ?
> I have an unix to install on a coworker's powerbook and I'd like to have
> other options than linuxppc :)
>
> Please keep me in Cc:, I'm not on this list (yet ?).

Kinda. The kernel supports it. Userland tools, though, don't.

The real problem is that you need a customized version of pdisk to format
the partitions. AFAIK, I'm the only person with it, and I think what I've
got is a bit gross. :-) NetBSD looks in a lot of the flags A/UX used, and
which pdisk ignores. :-(

Take care,

Bill