Subject: Re: 1.4.2 release candidate is up for ftp.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2000 02:01:27
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/1.4.2/
>
> WARNING: I believe the GENERIC_MD kernel is DOA (no ramdisk image installed).
> Nobody reported this (yet), but I noticed something wrong in the Makefiles
> and can't see how it would work right. If a fix is needed, I should have one
> up in a few hours.

Okay, I manually put an image into the GENERIC_MD kernel and redid the
checksums. That's up now.

There's also been a report that boot.fs is DOA on at least one system
but it sounds to me like it worked okay for someone else. I have an
iMac so the best I could do is attempt to netboot the INSTALL kernel;
however the iMac is playing server for other 1.4.2 builds now, so I
don't want to reboot that for another couple days.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com