Subject: Re: 1.4.2 release candidate is up for ftp.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/04/2000 00:04:00
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/1.4.2/
>
> I am still doing the LAST_MINUTE and the README, those will appear soon.

Okay, those two are up.

WARNING: I believe the GENERIC_MD kernel is DOA (no ramdisk image installed).
Nobody reported this (yet), but I noticed something wrong in the Makefiles
and can't see how it would work right. If a fix is needed, I should have one
up in a few hours.

Note to those who have been running dated snapshots: 1.4.2 is a formal
release of NetBSD and comes from a parallel version of the sources. In
many ways it is "older" than any dated snapshot from the last year or so.

IMPORTANT!! If you install this onto a machine running 1.4M, 1.4P, or
1.4<letter>, it is probably going to downgrade your machine.

The formal releases deliberately use separate source versions so that we can
filter every change that goes into them. Generally only bug fixes and safe
features (like new drivers that have been tested for a while) are allowed in.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com