Subject: Re: Booting from a slave drive? (was master/slave on Beige G3)
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: CHRISTOPHER J. TRIBO <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/02/2000 15:11:31
"Henry B. Hotz" wrote:

> At 6:15 PM -0800 2/29/00, Chris Tribo wrote:
> >    Just so I know, is the SCSI syntax something like scsi-int/[device
> >id]:[LUN],[partition number] ? If you can figure out what the ATA/IDE syntax
>
> [path to controller]/@[device id]:[partition number],[file path]

	I tried:
		boot ide1/@1:0
		boot ide1/@1
		boot ide1/@1:1
		boot ide1/@1:0,netbsd
		boot ide1/@1:0,/netbsd

	and a few others. I always got Can't open: (whitespace)
If I put a CD in the CD drive it looks on the CD even though it is the
master
I assume that master is unit 0 and slave is unit 1? I've been having
some
really strange stuff going on with channel 1. The master device not
showing up
in MacOS, not being able to boot from the master device after atempting
to boot
from something else. I need to have a look at the cabeling and
connectors
before I keep trying.

	Chris