Subject: Re: Booting from a slave drive? (was master/slave on Beige G3)
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/01/2000 09:01:40
At 6:15 PM -0800 2/29/00, Chris Tribo wrote:
>    Just so I know, is the SCSI syntax something like scsi-int/[device
>id]:[LUN],[partition number] ? If you can figure out what the ATA/IDE syntax

[path to controller]/@[device id]:[partition number],[file path]

Notice the @ sign.

Device id and LUN are the same thing, aka scsi-id.  For scsi the id's for
the specific drives installed are not listed in the device tree.  There's
just a placeholder for a disk and a tape device at id 0.  In other words,
just because the slave IDE device isn't in the device tree doesn't mean it
won't work.  Just try it.

Path to controller can be the full OF path from the device listing or an
alias like scsi-int.