Subject: Re: Support for ATI XCLAIM PCI card
To: Dan Winship <danw@helixcode.com>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/24/2000 11:11:40
on 2/23/00 5:51 PM, Dan Winship at danw@helixcode.com wrote:

>> I don't suppose anyone has figured out how to control the ATI chips
>> to set resolution and bit depth yet? Just curious.
>
> There's code for it in linuxppc, and also in the latest version of
> XFree86. The linuxppc code has all sorts of Linux kernelisms in it,
> but it might still be easier to work from than the XFree86 code, which
> has all sorts of PCisms in it. Either way it's just a matter of taking
> the code and rewriting it as a (reasonably arch- and bus-independent)
> wsdisplay...
>
> I don't know of anyone who is working on this right now.
>
> -- Dan

    Hmm, but doesn't XFree86 already have drivers for just about every video
card that you could want to shove in a PCI slot? Does anyone know if the
XClaimVR is the exact same card as the All in Wonder Pro, only with OF
support? Since I'm connected to a VGA monitor, it doesn't do mac autosense
and I'm always at 1024x768 at 60 Hz (yuck!), X sure is snappy though :)

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."