Subject: Re: Support for ATI XCLAIM PCI card
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/23/2000 17:44:59
I think what he is asking is if you can use it as a console device and
under X (both of which I am doing on an XClaimVR 64 w/8MB VRAM), instead
of the cheesy Rage II based internal video chip. (correct me if I'm wrong)

	Where does macppc stand in regards to getting an OF independent
raster console? I seem to remember a discussion awhile back about having
trouble making OF go away or working with it and NetBSD simultaneously. Is
this the current stumbling block? I don't suppose anyone has figured out
how to control the ATI chips to set resolution and bit depth yet? Just
curious.

	Chris