Subject: success - The wonderful system disk util...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Baker <S.Baker@ukerna.ac.uk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/22/2000 14:41:36
At 18:09 21/02/00 +0100, you wrote:

>While I could previously install on the internal hard disk, I could then
>never get it to boot. The solution to this is to use the Apple System
>disk utility as mentioned in the recent email regarding booking on a
>beige g3.  This utility deletes references to ata0 & ata1 as shown by
>devalias and replaces them with ide & ide1.  To boot from the media bay
>drive all I need to do is the following:
>boot ide1/disk@0:0

<snip...>

Given the rather splendid success everybody seems to be having with this
marvellous utility, perhaps in the Install notes it could be
mentioned.  Could it also be included in the netbsd utils tree?

Personally, it was absolutely painless for me, I didn't even have to
_touch_ openfirmware :-)

Cheers.

Simon.