Subject: Re: install floppy problems (was: ramdiskbin link failure)
To: None <tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/20/2000 22:18:27
> Yes, NOLIBHACKOPENDIR=3D1 is needed in .../floppies/ramdisk/Makefile.
> I forgot it because my .cshrc has setenv NOLIBHACKOPENDIR...

OK, that fixed the build.

Next problem: the tools on the boot floppy do not appear to use the
resolver.  After booting the floppy, escaping to the shell, setting
up /etc/resolv.conf and configuring the network (ping works), "ftp
ftp.netbsd.org" immediately returns with "Unknown host".  Anyone
know what's up with that?

Another and more cosmetic problem is that the install floppy kernel
when booted on my 7600/132 prints "no active package" (with no
newline) before it prints "mainbus0 (root)".

Regards,

- H=E5vard