Subject: Re: Compiling a customized kernel ...
To: Volker Bradatsch <bradatsch@mouseclick-estates.com>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/17/2000 22:15:25
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Volker Bradatsch wrote:

> Segmentation fault - core dumped
> *** Error code 139

I don't recognize this problem or anything, but, are you at least using
the newest snapshot available for both kernel and userland? I think this
is 20000205, yes?

BTW it's possible to point a kernel to a different root filesystem

ok
0 > boot fd:0 -a
>>> NetBSD blah-blah secondary boot
>>> tsubai@mint blah blah
boot> -a

That is, pass '-a' to your normal OF boot command, and then type '-a' at
the secondary bootloader's prompt, too.  The kernel will then prompt you
for a root devicename (you can type '?' for a list) and filesystem type.

AFAIK this works on all the Open{PROM,Firmware} NetBSD platforms.

--
Miles Nordin / v:+1 720 841-8308 fax:+1 530 579-8680
555 Bryant Street PMB 182 / Palo Alto, CA 94301-1700 / US