Subject: Re: floppy booting panic (FAQ didn't help :(
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bart van der Ouderaa <b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/16/2000 23:10:12
>Hi,
>
>I got this same error until I unplugged my Zip drive.  I 'm pretty certain
>this one is
>in the FAQ.  See the FAQ for more details...

thanks for pointing me to the faq, but it didn't help. I wanted to
try it instantly but my mac classic broke :( so no terminal. Now i'm
using the keyspan pda adapter and a series of cables, it seems to do
the trick.

ok, in the faq it said unplug the zip (which i didn't have in the
first place), or if there isn't a zip to shutdown in macos and then
try.
for some reason my monitor didn't come on when i went into the macos.
(while it still works) i did programmer key and a return key which
should make it shutdown.
(btw is it normal for OF to resetconfig by rebooting itself after
using bye or boot fd:0 after coming from a macos boot(aka doing a bye
the previous boot? I'm using auto-boot false)
then did boot fd:0
reset and again boot fd:0
it resulted in the same FIFO != 0

basicly this hasn't been a good evening, so now i'm going to bed and
hope that the monitor thing was a fluke. else i'm stuck with this
boot floppy i fear. I want to do everything by remote anyhow.

>Steve
>
>Bart van der Ouderaa wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I'm trying to install 1.4.1 on my 7500 (604e/166) (yes i got a pci
>>  board this time for a second ethernet interface and it shows up)
>>
>>  when i boot fd:0
>>  everything seems fine until:
>>  (warning can't cut&paste)
>>  scsibus1 at mesh0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
>>  sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <IBM, DPES-31080, S31S> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
>>  sd0: 1034MB, 4903 cyl, 4 head, 108 sec, 512 bytes/sect X 2118144 sectors
>>  panic: mesh: FIFO != 0
>  > rebooting

Bart van der Ouderaa
mailto:b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl
http://members1.chello.nl/~b.vander.ouderaa/

Pokemon is a game where children go into the woods and capture furry
little creatures and then bring them home and teach them to pit fight.