Subject: Re: floppy booting panic
To: Bart van der Ouderaa <b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl>
From: Stephen Brown <scbrown@netscape.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/16/2000 10:38:03
--------------EF579F19C7139F518339664C

Hi,

I got this same error until I unplugged my Zip drive.  I 'm pretty certain
this one is
in the FAQ.  See the FAQ for more details...

Steve

Bart van der Ouderaa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install 1.4.1 on my 7500 (604e/166) (yes i got a pci
> board this time for a second ethernet interface and it shows up)
>
> when i boot fd:0
> everything seems fine until:
> (warning can't cut&paste)
> scsibus1 at mesh0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
> sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <IBM, DPES-31080, S31S> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
> sd0: 1034MB, 4903 cyl, 4 head, 108 sec, 512 bytes/sect X 2118144 sectors
> panic: mesh: FIFO != 0
> rebooting
>
> and offcourse it reboots....
>
> now is this a panic because
> a) the disk is an hfs in two parts (one including the systemdisk)
> which i was planning to let sysint takeover (does sysint reformat the
> stuff, or is this a wrong assumption and do i need to clear the disk
> first).
> b) the disk is partitioned by HDT and it has used it's own drivers ?
> (yes i'm a bit clueless)
> c) something i'm not aware of
>
> does anybody have any pointers (i looked but couldn't find anything)?
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> ps. I'm also looking for a nice book on netbsd or general unix/bsd
> admin book, any suggestions (level does know programming and isn't
> afraid of config files)?
>
> Bart van der Ouderaa
> mailto:b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl
> http://members1.chello.nl/~b.vander.ouderaa/
>
> Pokemon is a game where children go into the woods and capture furry
> little creatures and then bring them home and teach them to pit fight.

--------------EF579F19C7139F518339664C

begin:vcard
n:Brown;Stephen
tel;cell:(650)444-6750
tel;home:(408)278-1393
tel;work:(650)937-6689
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Netscape Communications Corp.;Internal Computing
adr:;;501 E. Middlefield Rd.;Mountain View;CA;94043;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Stephen_Brown@netscape.com
title:UNIX Systems Administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;728