Subject: Re: 1.4.2 install notes
To: None <mw34@cornell.edu, mw@ee.cornell.edu>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/16/2000 00:34:06
> I only found one instance of ofwboot.xcf on ftp.netbsd.org,
> dated Feb 6, 2000 (version 1.2).  Is there any reason this
> isn't in the 1.4.2_ALPHA set?

Hm, it would seem that /sys/arch/macppc/stand/ofwboot/Makefile
has the building of ofwboot.xcf commented out.  Trying to execute
the commented-out command results in:

gravensten# objcopy --input-target=3Delf32-powerpc --output-target=3Dxcoff-powermac ofwboot.elf ofwboot.xcf
objcopy: ofwboot.xcf: Invalid bfd target
gravensten#
gravensten# objcopy --help
objcopy: supported targets: elf32-powerpc elf32-powerpcle netbsd-core srec symbolsrec tekhex binary ihex

Looks like a toolchain issue -- objcopy and/or libbfd not being
built with a sufficient list of targets?

- H=E5vard