Subject: Re: 1.4.2 install notes
To: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/14/2000 14:47:44
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

> on 2/14/00 10:49 AM, Michael Wolfson at mw34@cornell.edu wrote:
> > /etc/bootptab is:

>     I believe that the bf and bs, and maybe rp need to be in quotes.

I can verify from an old once-working bootptab that bs and bf and td will
work without quotes.  All my rp's were in quotes, but I don't know if it's
required.

On a similar note, can anyone verify that ofwboot will fall back to BOOTP
if DHCP fails?  I'm using dhcpd and it works, while Michael is using
bootpd and it doesn't--it would be good to eliminate this suspicion.

--
Miles Nordin / v:+1 720 841-8308 fax:+1 530 579-8680
555 Bryant Street PMB 182 / Palo Alto, CA 94301-1700 / US