Subject: Another newbie question: screen resolution
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/13/2000 19:00:15
Hi,

it appears that the firmware (OF 1.0.5) in my 7600 seems to think
that it's fine to run the screen in 640x480 mode.  Well, it's
not; I have a fixed-frequency (it would appear) Apple 16" color
display which only runs in 832x640 (?) mode, and the display does
not sync with 640x480.

Furthermore, it's also apparent that NetBSD gets this info from
somewhere, so it's not very useful to redirect console in/out to
the display/keyboard:

ofb0 at pci1 dev 11 function 0: vendor 0x106b product 0x0003
ofb0: 640 x 480, 8bpp

I've tried to look at the entry in the device listing with
".properties", but I see nothing there about "width" or "height".
Is there some way to tell OF about the correct screen resolution
to use?

Regards,

- H=E5vard