Subject: Re: Adaptec PowerDomain 2930 for MAC and NetBSD 1.4.1
To: Sanjay Lal <sanjayl@siara.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/09/2000 02:23:35
> Surprisingly,
> although the card does show up on the device tree,
> none of the attached disks can be seen.

I think that's normal. You can boot off them, they just don't show up
in the device tree.

[If you can't boot off them, it might be because you have the jumper
on the card set wrong. (My 2930 came with a piece of paper saying a
certain jumper had to be set one way for Blue G3s and the other way
for older machines...)]

> I thought that 1.4.1 supported the ADAPTEC 2930/40
> cards on macppc?  1.4.2_ALPHA seems to work fine.

There was a problem that made all Adaptec cards not work on macppc
(maybe only for Blue G3s?) in 1.4. If 1.4.2 works and 1.4.1 doesn't,
then the fix must have been pulled up to the release branch after
1.4.1.

> Is there any way to access the
> sources for the 1.4.2_ALPHA snapshot?

Find the anoncvs instructions wherever they are on www.netbsd.org, and
use "cvs ... co -r netbsd-1-4". This will actually get you the latest
release-branch sources, which are slightly newer than the 1.4.2_ALPHA
snapshot.

-- Dan