Subject: Re: Boot Supermac C500
To: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/08/2000 00:27:36
> the Alpha snapshot won't boot? I tried installing the 19990620 snapshot and
> then upgrading to the Alpha but no dice.

Bzzt! That's not an upgrade. The Alpha snapshot is an early-access release
of 1.4.2, which only gives you the very safest changes since 1.4 went out.
19990620 would have _all_ the changes made since 1.4.

It would appear that you need a change which was not considered safe enough
to go into 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, so you'd better stick to the snapshots that only
have dates on them until 1.5 starts to happen.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com