Subject: ep -> big endian ?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bart van der Ouderaa <b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/29/2000 21:30:44
Hi,

I'm interested in running netbsd on my 7500(upgraded with a
604e/166). I'm going to use it as a NAT/firewall and mailserver
(maybe a small webserver, depending on how well servlets work on it).
I'm expecting that the 7500 will be up for it (after beating OF to a
pulp), but i have one question:

i have a 3com 3c509 ethernet card (came with the cable modem), and
i'm wondering if it would work (as a second ethernet interface). I've
read that there are some little/big endian issues with the 3com
cards. On some pages i've read that the card is supported ( = the ep
part it belongs to is supported) and on other pages nothing about it
is mentioned.

so is ep supported (aka are the endian issues solved for ep) ?

and/or does this involve a patch/recompile of the kernel?

thanks in advance

Bart van der Ouderaa
mailto:b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl
http://members1.chello.nl/~b.vander.ouderaa/

"Only two things are infinite, the universe
  and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
  the former."
                                 - Albert Einstein