Subject: Re: Remote kernel debugging
To: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/21/2000 13:35:25
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Erik Fair wrote:

> Global Village makes a serial port plug in that goes where the B&W G3
> is expecting to put the internal modem. Since the modem and a serial
> port are both serial devices so far as the MacOS is concerned, I bet
> that NetBSD will win, too.

I have a GPort from Griffin Technologies which does this. And OF will use
it for a serial console (at 57600 instead of the normal 38400).

Sanjay, I'm not sure what is needed to add kgdb support. I know mac68k
has it, and the serial drivers are almost identical (the macppc one has
been adjusted to do DMA too). But if you do add it, DON'T use serial
console. The kgdb port needs to be seperate from the console port as
otherwise gdb/the kernel would get confused.

Take care,

Bill