Subject: Re: Remote kernel debugging
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Sanjay Lal <sanjayl@iqmail.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/21/2000 10:37:04
gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

Sorry late night :-).   I think I was thinking more along the lines of
the following (this is from FreeBSD)

(1) FreeBSD allows u to build a kernel with debugging support (i.e it
contains a gdb remote
debugging  stub).

(2) On boot up the kernel halts waiting for a gdb connection over the
serial line.

(3) U start gdb on another computer and connect to the first one via
tty.

(4) Start debugging.

I guess I should also point out that I am using a G3 which has no serial
port.
Dan had mentioned that ofwboot allowed some form of kernel debugging,
but I cant seem  remember how exactly it worked.

Regards and thanks
Sanjay