Subject: Re: no current snapshot since June
To: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/15/2000 06:09:03
> I'm finally ready to begin doing macppc builds on a daily basis, and
> I'd like to install a system with something relatively -current, but
> the last snapshot on the FTP server is dated June 20th. Why isn't
> there something a bit more recent?

Snappy answer:

Because -current has broken console goo for iMac USB, otherwise I would have
my iMac churning them out by now. This was why I had to leave macppc out of
the 19991223 wave-o-snaps on alpha/arm32/i386/mac68k/sparc/sun3.

That leaves the regular macppc crew, who presumably have been distracted by
Real Life or something worth waiting for like Apple Partiton Map support
(just a guess mind you) and not gotten to it yet.

I'm switching over to 1.4.2_ALPHA builds, which means I don't have to worry
about this for a while.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com