Subject: Re(2): UniNorth Bridge chip
To: Sanjay Lal <sanjayl@iqmail.net>
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@mipsys.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2000 21:12:31
On Fri, Jan 14, 2000, Sanjay Lal <sanjayl@iqmail.net> wrote:

>Are there any specs for the UNI-N chip?  Checked the apple
>web site. Except for some references to the chip, nothing :-(

Not that I know of. Decrypting OF methods and tracing MacOS with MacsBug
was my only "doc" to write the Linux support.

You may want to look at my linux patches for the new machines. They are at:

http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/test.html

The "arch" patch contains most of the uninorth stuff in pmac_pci.c (and
the OF quiesce is in prom.c)

Some tips about the KeyLargo U/DMA controller (timings) can be found in
the block patch (ide-pmac.c).

I suggest you dig around the patches to see what changed. Do look too
much at the things not-specific to the new machine since there are known
bugs in the PowerBook sleep and media-bay code in this patch; I'll upload
a new version this week-end.