Subject: Re: boot floppy image
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2000 11:41:29
On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:

> Note that part of the process involves creating a file, mounting it as a tiny
> disk device on /dev/vnd0 or /dev/vnd1, and putting stuff in there. If that
> small disk overflows (which often happens with -current as people sometimes
> make changes that cause things to get bigger), then you can get stuck with
> something mounted on /mnt and you can't run the makefile again. To fix it,
> 	umount /mnt ; vnconfig -u vnd0 ; vnconfig -u vnd1
> which is probably more than you need in some cases but should be safe enough.

I thought we only used vnd0.

One thing which help swith disk overflows is that our scripts used to use
the installed disktab, even if DESTDIR were set. I think I've fixed this.

One time the install floppy size had grown (because it had to), but I
hadn't updated /etc/disktab, so I was still making old, small install
floppies. :-(

Take care,

Bill