Subject: Booting problem (newbie question)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Volker Bradatsch <bradatsch@mouseclick-estates.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/11/2000 12:55:08
Hello all !
Sorry to bother you again with questions like this, but i checked the
whole archive and nothing was really helpful.
I'm using a macppc 8500/180, OF Ver. 1.0.5.
I managed to get into OF and made a complete system from install (from
CDROM) on an external scsi disk (sd0). At the end of the installation
process, sysinst gives a message like "...you may now boot from
harddisk...".
I made the the disk bootable like described in the FAQ but when trying
to boot the system out of OF
with "boot scsi/sd@0:0" i receive a message like "no bootable HFS
partition".
When I try to boot from floppy with "boot fd:0 -a" and later tell the
program where to find netbsd, i get a message which tells me that the
"device is not configured".
Again, sorry for those stupid questions, but unfortunately I'm not very
familiar with UNIX at all and i have no idea how to get netbsd booting
from my external disk.
Can anybody help ?

Thanks in advance

--Volker