Subject: Re: Which current Macs are supported?
To: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/03/2000 12:03:06
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Dan Winship wrote:

> > I got a GPort, which is a serial port which hooks into the internal modem
> > port, and gives you one miniDin-8 (or was it -9, being a "GeoPort"?). I
> > dom't remember if I've dumped my OF output over it, but I thought I had.
>
> Ooh. I found the web site. Looks cool. Can you check if it's usable as
> an OF serial console? If so, I want one. :)

I just tested it as part of restarting everything after the new year (they
wanted us to shut all the desktops down..).

It works great! It runs at 57600, not the 38400 of previous OF's.

One interesting thing was that there's a buglet in OF. I tested everything
with input-device keyboard and output-device ttya. I had to reboot for
these settings to take effect (I thought they'd been immediate last time I
tried in OF 2.X), and both input and output were based off of the serial
port with the above setup. I'd expected to type on the keyboard and have
the output on the serial port.. Oh well.

Take care,

Bill