Subject: Re: Which current Macs are supported?
To: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/21/1999 16:09:01
On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Dan Winship wrote:

> I believe the 350MHz G4 uses the same support chips as the G3, and so
> will work. (At least, as well as the G3 does.)

As mentioned elsewhere, Apple seems to have used up their inventory, and
now they all are using the new chipset.

> Theoretically, the serial console support is there, but they don't
> have serial *ports* and I seriously doubt OF will do serial console
> over a USB-to-serial frob.

I got a GPort, which is a serial port which hooks into the internal modem
port, and gives you one miniDin-8 (or was it -9, being a "GeoPort"?). I
dom't remember if I've dumped my OF output over it, but I thought I had.

Take care,

Bill