Subject: Re: Netatalk library problems
To: None <PORT-MACPPC@NETBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/19/1999 11:17:56
>I'm working through getting my C500 configured my home server/gateway
>machine. I'm trying to get netatalk up and running and having some
>strange problems. I get these messages when I try to start it up:
>
>Dec 18 07:48:47 gib afpd[175]: uam_load(uams_guest.so): failed to load.

I had this problem with FreeBSD on an Intel box. I looked over the
makefile and found that it wasn't properly exporting symbols; when it
attempted to dynamically link the UAMs, the UAMs could resolve some
references to code in the main image. Tweaking the makefile fixed it.

Asun said that different versions of FreeBSD do this differently, which
is why it was wrong in the makefile. It may be the case that different
versions of NetBSD also do it differently, although I've had no trouble
with it on x86 NetBSD.

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu