Subject: More PowerBook G3 Series Problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Emerson <paul@gta.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/17/1999 18:32:41
Ok, so I decided to forget the floppy book and go for the network boot/install.

1. Configured my FreeBSD system for tftp
2. Booted into OF
3. Issued the command "boot enet:0"

I got the response, "Can't OPEN: enet:0"

The command "boot enet" generates nothing.  Hitting the return key
again puts me back at the prompt.

1. The built-in ethernet works just fine for MacOS, LinuxPPC and Darwin.
2. I tried this boot with no additional hard disks in the media bays,
no PC cards in place, no external mouse, but still no luck.

My G3 Series, (wallstreet) was purchased as soon as they were
released.  So it is a early model and has the power charging problem,
which the local Apple guys can't seem to fix.  I'm wondering if there
is some update to OF that I need to get (if such a thing exists).

Any clues?

Paul
Paul Emerson                               Tel: +1.407.380.0220 x106
Global Technology Associates, Inc.         Fax: +1.407.380.6080
3505 Lake Lynda Drive                   Mobile: +1.407.497.3379
Suite 109                                Pager: +1.888.440.8232
Orlando, Florida 32817                   Email: paul@gta.com
USA                               Mobile Email: 4074973379@mobile.att.net
                                            Web: http://www.gta.com