Subject: Problems installing on a PowerBook G3 Series
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Emerson <paul@gta.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/1999 16:54:28
I've worked on and built various Unix systems for nearly 20 years, so
now that I see NetBSD is a reality on the PowerPC I thought I'd give
it a whack.

I'm trying to do an install on a WallStreet G3 series, but I'm not
getting very far.  Perhaps there is something I'm missing.

1. Created the boot floppy using dd from another Unix system.
2. Booted into OF
3. Issued "boot fd:0"

The floppy gets hit for a few seconds (if that) then nothing; system
is just hung.  I've had a few times where I heard the hard disk whirl
and then total power shutdown.

Any clues?  Is there an OF version update perhaps?

Also my target is a hard disk in a media bay, is this possible?

Note: I've installed LinuxPPC and Darwin on the media bay drive in
the past without a problem.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Emerson                               Tel: +1.407.380.0220 x106
Global Technology Associates, Inc.         Fax: +1.407.380.6080
3505 Lake Lynda Drive                   Mobile: +1.407.497.3379
Suite 109                                Pager: +1.888.440.8232
Orlando, Florida 32817                   Email: paul@gta.com
USA                               Mobile Email: 4074973379@mobile.att.net
                                            Web: http://www.gta.com