Subject: Problems compiling Kernel 1.4.1 (StarMax 4000/200)
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: YB <yblock@home.com yblo>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/1999 13:05:32
Hi all,

	Now that the school is over, I can play again with NetBSD. I have
installed it into an external hard disk. Now I am trying to compile my
own kernel without modifying anything. I have followed the instructions
from the web but no results. It appears to compile fine, but when I try
to reboot the machine it hangs right after the first message line "start
0x0000" (sorry, I don't remember).

This what I do:

* get the syssrc.tgz

# cd / ; tar xvzpf syssrc.tgz
# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config ; make && make install     // I tried
without this too.
# cd /sys/arch/macpcc/conf
# cp GENERIC MYGENERIC	  // I tried GENERIC_MD too.
# config MYGENERIC
# cd ../compile/MYGENERIC
# make depend
# make
# mv /netbsd /netbsd.old
# cp netbsd /
# reboot

* boot from OF and it freezes.

Any ideas, thanks!!!

York P. Block

ps. BTW. Can anybody tell what this means?

# Dec 12 03:15:02 jupiter sendmail[822]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
"Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
Dec 12 03:15:02 jupiter sendmail[831]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
"Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
Dec 12 03:17:47 jupiter sendmail[1903]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): hash map
"Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory

I have gotten this message I couple of times out of nothing.