Subject: Re: binary snapshot for macppc available
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/1999 15:56:00
SUNAGAWA Keiki  (Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp) wrote:

>I made snapshots for macppc and Tsubai-san put them on the
>following URL.
>
>ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp//pub/NetBSD/macppc/snapshot/19991023
>ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp//pub/NetBSD/macppc/snapshot/19991204
>
>19991023: known to work at least iMac.
>19991204: I didn't test it yet.  sorry, but anyway.
>
>Since I didn't know how to make X tarballs, they are not
>included in both of them.  I'll prepare them also in the
>future...
>
>Have fun and please let me know if there's any trouble.

I just tried the 1999/12/04 set on my 400Mhz B&W G3 without much success.

The GENERIC_MD installation kernel bombs out very early in the boot cycle
and OF regains control and brings up MacOS.  As near as I could tell it
looks like this happens right after a "quiesce" operation.

The kernel in the kern.tgz file will boot on my system, but generates
some "interrupt while polling" errors on the USB whenever I enter
anything on the keyboard.  When the system finally finishes booting and
puts up the login prompt the USB keyboard is dead, although I suspect an
ADB keyboard would work at that point.  This is similar to what I was
seeing a few weeks ago on -current code.

The results are looking promising, but the USB and OF booting problems
still seem to prevent my system from running with this snapshot.  I
haven't tried the 10/23 snapshot yet.

-bob