Subject: Re: 19991204 snapshot.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/1999 12:49:34
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:59:28 -0500
>  Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net> wrote:
>
>  > Jason, I  in no way meant to impugn the quality of your driver. I meant
>  > ready for use on a PPC machine. If you need anyone to help with the
>  > testing of the driver on a big endian machine I'd be happy to help out.
>  > I've got netbsd MacPPC current running and compiling on my SuperMac C500
>  > (603e@200Mhz). It's the least I, as a nonprogrammer, can do to help out
>  > the people who make open software possible. Again, aything I can do I will.
>
> Please try the following patch and let me know how it goes.  Should
> do the trick.
>
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>

I tried to apply the patch but it fails at patching tulip.c with:

|===================================================================

|RCS file: /sys/dev/ic/tulip.c,v

|retrieving revision 1.34

|diff -c -r1.34 tulip.c

|*** tulip.c     1999/12/07 18:24:01     1.34

|--- tulip.c     1999/12/11 00:11:24

--------------------------

File to patch: dev/ic/tulip.c

Patching file dev/ic/tulip.c using Plan A...

Hunk #1 failed at 56.

Hunk #2 failed at 618.

Hunk #3 failed at 637.

Hunk #4 failed at 693.

Hunk #5 failed at 704.

Hunk #6 failed at 713.

Hunk #7 failed at 1057.

Hunk #8 failed at 1248.

Hunk #9 failed at 1461.

Hunk #10 failed at 1504.

Hunk #11 failed at 2220.

Hunk #12 failed at 2273.

Hunk #13 failed at 2311.

Hunk #14 failed at 2332.

14 out of 14 hunks failed--saving rejects to dev/ic/tulip.c.rej

I got the lastest sys.src via cvs so I must be doing something else wrong.
Any ideas?

cheers,

Matthew