Subject: Re: GDB or any other debugger for macppc
To: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
From: Sanjay Lal <sanjayl@iqmail.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/07/1999 17:55:19
Dan thanks for the info.  I did manage to get a build of gdb (I can live
without floating point).  Setting breakpoints does work, however
when I execute the code, it terminates saying that
the application received a SIGILL (Illegal instruction). If I remember
correctly, gdb and other debuggers insert an illegal instruction at
the breakpoint address to cause a trap, or am I totally off?
Does your gdb work with breakpoints correctly?

The sample code was simple:

int main ()
{
    x = 0;