Subject: Re: G3 killed me (was: BootX ide/OF interaction (or lack therof
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: MAZAfsckER <green@donnelly.cc.ks.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/05/1999 17:42:10
Hello.
Even if I had the ability to to install the mulibooter from MacOS I
wouldn't find it:
check: http://www.linuxppc.org/userguide/of.html
it says:
[..]
Those machines that can run Rhapsody can use Multibooter instead of Boot
Variables. It's available from
ftp://ftp.apple.com/devworld/Rhapsody/UsefulStuff, and is
actually preferable to Boot Variables in Apple G3 machines since it
applies some patches to OF.
[..]
this link is outdated.

it says it applies some pathes to G3's OF.
which? and where  can I find them..?
so far I'm pretty familiar with OF, I need just some piece of code in
FORTH to add to nvram.

it can't be that I'm the only one who has similar problems with G3.
if someone is using multibooter, please send me your OF output when you
run 'printenv'.

thanks a lot for any help.

Regards,

Igor N. Green