Subject: Re: Booting on a Beige G3 266?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/30/1999 10:04:07
 That is my next step. I've got a few DEC labeled Seagate RZ25L's, I'll
toss one
inside my DT and see if it boots from there (I don't see why it
shouldn't). I
just like my nice QUIET Western Digital HD better I guess, not to
mention that
its 4GB instead of 500MB;  but I guess having a booting machine is
better than
a non-booting machine.

	While we are on the subject, in OF on my Beige DT G3, I cannot seem to
set
some of the environment variables. i.e. I would set auto-boot? to false,
but the
printenv statement would never change. I could also not change my i/o
devices from
OF either. Using bootvars worked fine. Sometimes when I power on my
system freezes
right after the startup chime and never turns the screen on. I'm
wondering about
the battery, but I thought OF variables were stored in NVRAM rather than
PRAM. Is
NVRAM a mis-nomer in the Mac respect, or does it have both?

	Chris