Subject: Re: Unable to start X
To: None <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/30/1999 00:58:52
In <Pine.LNX.3.96.991126195804.746A-100000@nucleus>
fission@mb.sympatico.ca wrote:

> > Current macppc ofb driver (macppc/dev/ofb.c) only supports
> > generic PCI framebuffer with OpenFirmware.
> > Non-PCI framebuffer support should be easy,
> > but I guess no one is working on it yet.
>
> So...what would I need to do to get this video card working?

I think physical address of framebuffer and its geometory are
required for wscons attachment, but Valkyrie seems to have
many quirks. I had tried to write some ugly code, but
could not mapping frame buffer memory.

> Or, if I bought another video card (I was thinking maybe something ATI...)
> would that work?

If it is supported by Openfirmware, it should work, I think.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp