Subject: Powerbook G3 boot floppy problem
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: matt baker <matt@sevenone.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/25/1999 16:27:15
Hello,

I've been looking on the mailing list archive for an answer to this, but
despite lots of articles regarding booting I can't seem to find an
answer to my problem. (actually a search function would be good to add
to the archive site).

My problem is that after entering OF, I cannot seem to get the machine
to boot from the floppy.

Some details are:

Powerbook G3, wallstreet II, 233MHz, 12" TFT screen, 64MB
OF version 2.0.1
boot floppy created using Suntar 2.2.2

The problem is that at the OF prompt, whenever I enter

boot fd:0
is get the answer straight away (can't hear any floppy access)
        BAD DISK can't open: fd:0

I get the same for boot fd:1, boot fd:2, boot fd

I've tried installing the floppy drive into both media bays, both with
the same problem.
Given that messages in the archives recommend using the left media bay,
what command should I be using?

thanks for any help,

Matt Baker