Subject: Re: really easy ?
To: James Spahr <james@designframe.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/1999 17:52:32
Too much RAM for the GENERIC kernel. Take some out (so that you're at
128 MBs or less), and boot again. Then compile a kernel with

options         BUFPAGES=1024

in the config file. (I'm not sure what amount of RAM 1024 BUFPAGES
translates too... anyone want to explain that syntax?)

Then put your RAM back in.

On the other hand... that isn't the trap error I remember seeing when
I was having similar problems, so this may not actually fix your
trouble.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net