Subject: Re: that was really easy
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: T. M. Pederson <salvage@galaxy.plethora.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/1999 09:09:51
>on 11/16/99 9:05 PM, James Spahr at james@designframe.com wrote:
[...]
>How do I get OF to boot off the internal HD, that now has NetBSD on it?
>
>I tried:
>0> boot hd
>
>I keep getting the Mac disk with the question mark.

Off the top of my head, I've only got a hint:

It's going to depend on the specific IDE/SCSI address of the drive and
the version of Open Firmware, but something like:
boot scsi/sd@1:0
should work for a drive with SCSI ID 1 on the default buss.  Essentially,
you need to tell Open Firmware the device and id of the disk, and to start

I'm sure I found the info somewhere at one point, but I can't seem to
locate it now.
--
T. M. Pederson
salvage@galaxy.plethora.net