Subject: Re: iMac console keyboard breakage analyzed
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/10/1999 17:03:35
toddpw@best.com said:
> Looks to me like the USB stuff is getty cranky because of the console
> changes, since it switches from "restarting port 1" to "giving up port
> 1" ...

Might need some USB debugging...

There was however a known issue which came up after the "glue code"
removal. The ukbd driver left the console keyboard in a disabled
state after attach. This was resolved by:

sys/dev/usb/ukbd.c
revision 1.34
date: 1999/06/11 19:05:13;  author: wrstuden;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -1
If we're the console keyboard, automatically enable the keyboard.
Should fix part of console keyboard problems on macppc. The usb keyboard will
now work on boot! Doesn't fix problems with keyboard freaking out when
changing LED state.
Thanks to Mattias & Lennart & Tsubai for input on resolving this problem.

So make sure to use a revision after 1999/06/11.

best regards
Matthias