Subject: Mklinux TFTP Server
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/08/1999 22:24:36
By the grace of God, I have finally netbooted my B&W G3 and installed
NetBSD on an IDE hard drive.  (halleluiah, angels singing, etc. :)
For future reference, the TFTP server in the inetd daemon on Mklinux DR3
seems to be broken, or at least does not react well with OF 3.1.1.  The
G3 simply times out waiting for a response from the TFTP server.  (See
my post on Oct 31 for details.)  When I installed a TFTP server on our
NT machine and used that instead, everything worked perfectly.
Hopefully this information will be useful to someone later on and save
them from a week of misery. :)

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-                        Shall she hear the lion's roar?