Subject: Re: booting current....
To: Robert D. Billing <rbilling@shell.aros.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/07/1999 14:53:07
Bob Nestor  (rnestor@augustmail.com) wrote:

>Robert D. Billing  (rbilling@shell.aros.net) wrote:
>
>>Everything compiles fine, however, when I try and boot the newly created
>>kernel I
>>get the following error:
>>
>>root device: SPLUSBCHECK failed 0x0!=0x30000122,
>>../../../../dev/usb/usbdi.c:729
>>usb_transfer_complete: bad dequeue 0xe0234180 !=0x0
>>
>>I've looked at the usbdi.c file line 729 and it sure enough is
>>SPLUSBCHECK, but I'm not
>>familiar enough with the code to know what it is doing or has done.
>>
>>Anybody else have this problem?
>
>Yes. I had this problem in a -current kernel I built last week and also
>today.  I wasn't able to test anything in between because of the probems
>with an unresolved symbol in the cardbus stuff most of last week, but
>that's now been fixed.
>
>I wonder if you're seeing the same problem up to this point as well.  My
>kernel boots (and finds the Adaptec 2930) and gets all the way to the
>prompt for the root device (I'm using a netboot).  At this point I
>attempt to type in "wd1<cr>" which has a loaded filesystem, but nothing
>gets echoed back.  When it sees the <cr> it pauses about 10 seconds then
>spits out the SPLBUSBCHECK error and echos the "w".  If I type in
>"d1<cr>" at this point it prompts for the dump and filesystem entries. I
>enter "<cr>" to both which it seems to accept and it proceeds to display
>that it's loading from wd1 then it hangs forever.  Going back and booting
>the other kernel I have (netbsd.WATERDEEP79) it comes up and runs from
>wd1, so I know the filesystem is still OK.  Is it possible I'm hung
>because I don't have the new type of disklabel on the disk?

Oh, I forgot to add something that may be a clue.  I have a Macally USB
Keyboard and a Contour UniMouse on the system.  They work fine under
MacOS 8.6, but the 3-button UniMouse causes MacOS 9 to hang on boot.
However, reconfiguring the system with the original Apple keyboard and
"hockey-puck mouse" didn't solve the problem of booting NetBSD as it does
with MacOS 9.

-bob